Quality content creation is key to any business’s social presence and strategy. The idea of linking social media accounts with one another is also known as cross-promotion. This is something which is required nowadays to reach a wider set of audience. Cross-promotion is one of the most convenient and profitable ways which helps to promote different products or services. This ensures that your business reaches all types of people, and it creates a more integrated social media marketing strategy. Each social media platform offers unique opportunities for engagement, but we should give careful attention to delivering a consistent brand message across all social media profiles. In social media communication, it is important to address each community individually. The main idea of social media cross-promotion is to share our content, as widely and efficiently as possible, across multiple social networks. However, the world of social media is both varied and specialized. Different target groups use different social networks for different purposes. Sharing content at different times and days helps to increase the visibility and lifetime of posts across various networks. Adding personal comments make our posts even more unique. And using questions/polls encourages engagement and interaction with the community. The benefits of cross-promotion include more exposure for less cost, increased brand awareness and serving a broader community.
Let us discuss some points for efficient use of cross-promotion:
- Cross-promotion does not mean cross-posting-Posting the same content everywhere may not always be appropriate as the type of audience varies. For e.g., a LinkedIn post may not be the same as a Facebook post, since LinkedIn is a more professional place, and we need to provide data insights for that. A Facebook post, however, may have some fun elements added to it.
- Usage of Photos: This is almost similar to the previous point. We must be mindful of the photos which we use on different social media accounts. The same kind and same size of photos may not be appropriate for different platforms.
- Participate in different events as they can promote your business: Give links to other social media accounts where the event is actually going on. For e.g., you can create a Facebook post mentioning an event that is going on Instagram. You can give a link to that event as well as your Instagram page, saying someone must follow/like a particular page/post to participate.
- Demographics: Most of the time, the number of followers varies among different platforms. We may not have the same number of followers on LinkedIn as well as on Instagram. This means the number of followers is not identical. Each social media site offers slightly different demographics. We need to make sure that the content which we post matches the thoughts of the users on that platform.
How To Link Two Different Social Media Accounts?
Ans: Visit your social media profile and tap or click on three horizontal lines, then tap or click on settings and then on Linked Accounts, Then select the social media platform you want to link and then enter your login credentials.
What Are The 3 E Rules Of Posting On Social Media?
Ans: if you are just starting off with social media marketing or are looking for ways to build your online presence of your brand or business with the help of social media marketing then you should focus on 3 E rules of social media which are Engage, educate and Escalate.
- What Are The Different Advantages Of Multiple Social Media Accounts?
Ans: Creating many accounts across different social media channels helps you to share different types of content based on different target audiences. Customer segmentation provides you opportunities to focus on certain topics which are favourable for audiences who belong to specific age groups and also helps to increase engagement rates in social media.