Responding to comments and interacting with people are integral to maintaining a social media business. Different social media platforms have different audiences with different sets of views. So, we must take care of what and how we respond because texts sometimes can be wrongly communicated. Small punctuation changes can change the whole meaning of sentences. One of the most important goals of social media marketing is building a brand community and engaging your audience.
Responding to social media comments is crucial, whether positive or negative. Positive comments are great and give you a chance to connect with your audience and build your reputation, and they also give an idea of the areas your audience feels connected to. Negative comments allow you to fix mistakes and right wrongs, helping customers feel better about your brand and become return customers. Rather than always justifying the negatives and proving your point, it’s sometimes better to acknowledge them, learn from them, and move ahead. We should remember that our negative comments are visible to those who praised us. It is not usually recommended to delete a negative comment, unless necessary.
Responding Comments On Different Social Media Platforms
Let us now discuss social media platforms and how to respond to comments. In the case of Facebook, you need to be the page’s Admin, Editor, or Moderator. It’s better to reply to each comment with the help of the ‘Reply’ option. This option goes the same for Instagram, and we need to enter the comment and hit Enter. To a certain extent, emojis are acceptable on these platforms, as they convey your feelings more than just words. But this use must be limited in the case of LinkedIn, as it is a more professional area. Although nowadays, emojis are used everywhere, we need to be aware of the platform and decide what actually should be our approach to responding to comments.
Following are a few tips to help respond and interact with people easier on social platforms:
- Reply as quickly as possible: People expect a reply to their comment within an hour per a few studies. Although it’s not always possible, it shows that you care and are open to people’s thoughts on your work.
- Reply to everyone individually:This creates a mutual connection with your audience, which can benefit you in the long run. People would love to comment on your work every time you post something.
- Be consistent:Reply with a tone that matches your audience type. Maintain that tone to positive and negative comments, which would build trust and warranty along with a brand reputation.
- Keep replies short:Try to make your audience feel as if they are like your close friend. Reply to them in a short and friendly manner with a personal touch.
- Reply to negative comments:Always reply to negative comments and criticism. Replying to negative comments would show that you acknowledge the thoughts of people who don’t agree with your views. Skipping negative comments can portray that you can’t handle positive criticism.
- Keep track:Tracking social activities can help serve customers better. Measuring and taking action on your customer feedback is vital to delivering a great customer experience.
- Is it important to respond to negative comments?
Ans. It is necessary to reply to negative comments unless it does not carry a meaningful message, and that kind of message also needs to be addressed formally.
- Can I apply emojis to replies?
Ans. The addition of emojis is a welcome move, but not extremely.
- Should I send create personalized automatic replies if I am unable to respond due to some reason?
Ans. Automatic replies are good, provided the person gets the message in their inbox and not on the public forum.