What are Low-Code/No-Code Solutions
Low Code/No Code Solutions
Low code platforms are a relatively new concept in software development. These platforms allow independent software developers to build software without prior programming knowledge. This allows anyone with an idea and a basic understanding of software development to build a functioning software product. While no-code platforms are much the same, they are generally built on low-code platforms.
The idea of “No-Code” and “Low-Code” was invented in 2000 by two American brothers, Jim and Tom Poppendieck, who were Engineers and Computer Scientists. They came across the need for a more simplistic approach to building websites, which were then based mostly on HTML and CSS instead of being fully functional, like the ones built today.
They realized that the complexity of web pages was increasing, as were the requirements for web development. For this same reason, web developers were faced with an ever-increasing set of problems to deal with daily, which made it difficult to keep up with the latest coding standards and best practices.
Advantages of Low-Code/No-Code platform
- The benefits of low code development technologies such as C# and Java are well known.
- Developers worldwide have been using these technologies for years to build complex applications.
- Today, many developers use low code development technologies to build web and mobile applications without using a backend programming language such as Java or without the use of a traditional design-and-code workflow.
But with so many benefits and ease, some disadvantages come along-
- Functionality is limited
- Limited security
- Complicates business logics
- Still need technical knowledge for the basic examination
- Can promote shadow IT
Despite all this, if you are still interested in finding some of the best low-code/no-code solutions, we’ll suggest you-
- OutSystemsor Appian
- Mendix low code software
- Microsoft Power Apps
- Salesforce Lightning
Everything comes with its advantages and disadvantages, but low-code/no-code has given people a chance to develop their ideas. They don’t have to dive deep to learn those complicated computer languages, which can take endless days. Rather with just some basic knowledge, you can create your ideas in very little time.