What Are the Easy Ways to Add Animations to Your Website?
People enjoy creative and beautiful animation. A well-designed animation is a powerful marketing tool.
It has the potential to attract visitors by contributing a user-friendly, entertaining website. Animation can increase the product’s conversion rate and organic traffic when applied correctly.
Types of animation.
- Loading or skeleton screens: Web designers use this animation to decrease the waiting time while loading files, videos, tables, etc.
- Navigation: Guide users to navigate the web menu without scrolling.
- Visual feedback: Helps to understand the Correct action of the users.
- Image galleries: Multiple images are used as a slideshow. It saves time and can be used differently, like storytelling, company demonstration, etc.
Popular animation languages to add animation.
Here is a list of common computer languages that can create animation on your website.
CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets. It is a stylesheet language that illustrates the presentation of the document written in HTML language.
CSS can help to shift within different states using a set of keyframes. It allows adding animation elements in the Document Object Model. CSS animations are best for responsive web development and can be revised with media queries.
CSS can’t create a complex effect like three animations in a row.
Scalable vector graphics (SVGs) are applied in making logos and icons on the web. Vector technology is used to avoid pixelating looks. It can create a straight line and be scaled by a computer in different sizes.
SVGS is the best language to create sharp resolution at any size and can be used in retina displays.
SVGs animation loading speed is faster as the size is small and can also be edited easily. The other uses are- loading animations, progression bars, text effects, etc.
The HTML 5 Canvas is a flexible technology used in drawing anything like colour cycling animation, developing animation games etc.
One of the collaborative features of the canvas is the Zen photon garden, where you can write on it.
The API is used in animation, gaming graphics, data visualization, image modification, real-time video processing etc.
WebGL stands for the Web Graphics Library. This is used for creating complex effects and 3D objects in any web browser like Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc.
Nowadays, virtual reality(VR) is also made with WebGL technology. It also allows graphics at 60 frames per second.
WebGL has few built-in animation options, so third parties and libraries are used. High-resolution animation can create mesmerizing effects on the user.
Following the instructions, you can create a stunning animation for your website. Use the right animation for your website as per the requirement.
Some tips to follow before applying any animation:
- Understand your customer expectation.
- Create branding guidelines.
- Hire an animation professional.
- Test the animation with traditional or animated storyboards.
- Can an animation slow down the website?
Ans: Poor animation can slow down the loading page. CSS animations are swift.
- How to add motion to my website?
Ans: Hover effect can add motion to your website. This is the most straightforward way of all.
- What is the total no of frames per sec in an animation?
Ans: 60 frames per second is the rate at which animation acts smoothly.