Generative AI, one of the latest technologies, refers to artificial intelligence algorithms that work on existing content like audio files, recordings, images, and texts to create new possible content with better results. In simple words, we can define it as a program taking input and producing a similar and better output.
Some of the benefits and advantages of using Generative AI are:
- It ensures the creation of advanced and higher quality outputs by self-learning from every set of data.
- It decreases the risk associated with a design.
- Training machine learning algorithms to produce an output that is not biased.
- Providing deep predictions without using sensors and detectors.
- Empowering robots to use maximum concepts in real and virtual worlds.
Use cases of Generative AI:
- Identity Protection: Generative AI avatars are made to protect the personal identity of the interviewees in new reports.
- Image Processing: It helps convert low-resolution images or photos to high-resolution images.
- Film Restoration: It is also used in improving the video quality and old images by improving the resolution or pixel size to 4K or above that. Upscaling the video produces 60 frames per second in place of 23 frames per second which helps remove noise, improve quality, add colors, and make it attractive.
- Hard to Control: Some algorithms and models of Generative AI like GANs (generative adversarial networks) are not stable and hard to control the behavior. Sometimes, these algorithms become unresponsive, and they cannot produce the correct output, and it is not possible to find out the problem or logical error in the system.
- Pseudo Imagination:Currently, generative AI algorithms are not very developed. There is a need to have a large amount of data to do tasks.
- Security:Many spammers use generic AI for untruthful purposes like creating fake spammy news, fraudulent activities, and scamming others.
- Healthcare:Generative AI can also be used to detect diseases at an early stage. Many companies like IBM are currently working on this technology with an antimicrobial peptide (AMP) to find vaccines and medicines for COVID-19.