Beginners’ Guide to Build an Animated Website.
The word animation brings a lot of think to our minds; cartoons, beautiful pictures and video games. But there is much more to learn about the concept of animation.
Animations are used everywhere in an app or website. They start from simple scrolling down a screen to storytelling. In short, animations can give life to any form of a picture.
If you are new to animation, this article will try to guide you with the details tools and techniques of animation.
1. What are animation and its advantages?
Animation is a method to transform a figure into a moving picture. Animations create a beautiful effect on people, becoming the turning point in the marketing strategy.
Advantages of animation.
With the rapid growth in the website and app, people compete to stand out their website from others. It is one of the powerful tools for marketing as it is:
- Engaging: Animation is eye-catching; with its effect, people will entertain for a longer period.
- Increase conversion rate: An interactive animation has the potential to create an interest in the product; it can be a potential customer for the company.
- Customized message: You can create your animation style or right to connect with the customer.
- Brand development: Animation helps you in branding your product. A captivating animation can spread your brand name globally.
2. Different kinds of UI animations.
- Loading and progress: It indicates that the system is working as a percentage indicator while loading a page or information.
- In Process animation, users are guided by the flow and how much is left to complete the process. For example, in online shopping, a check flow displays while completing the buying process.
- State changes: This helps communicate between a designer and a digital product. Sometimes we have noticed on a form that if any required section is not filled, the proceed button becomes dark or unclickable.
- Structure and Navigation: This kind of animation gives the user an enjoyable experience by guiding them to find the required item.
- Microinteractions: It is the most popular animation used daily, especially on the phone—the text messages or pop-up messages that appear alert.
- Branding: Branding is the face of a company; create an appealing logo or icon that will attract customers.
3. Animation tools
- Adobe After Effects: This is the most powerful and first choice for every web designer. It has set an industry-standard in creating animation and visual effect software. It works with Adobe Portfolio, Adobe Fonts, and Adobe XD.
- Motion UI: This is a new tool where you can create your videos, and it has more than 20 pre-made animations. Code tutorials are available in this tool.
- Flinto: This tool is used to create quick and interactive animations for apps and websites. Flinto can be a great tool for the beginner as you can use sketch and Figma.
- Flip Book: This is a great tool for creating 2D animation. FlipBook allows you to draw and import background, movies and overlays.
4. How to start learning animation?
Animation is the need for an hour, so it can be a great career to start. If you are interested in animation, then find out the key skill you need to work in animation. Like creativity, communication or user research, interaction design and many more.
If you have noted the key skill, follow some of your favourite web designers’ best-animated websites or Instagram accounts. You will get a lot of information and inspiration to create interest in animation skills.
Now you need to decide whether you want to get admission in a paid course or opt for a free course. But I suggest you follow some introductory videos or join a short course. There you can gather a lot of information and knowledge on tools.
Consider every angle before you build an animated website.
- What is the course fee for web designing?
Ans- It can range from 20000 to 300000.
- Which are the free tool for animation?
Ans- Some of the free tools are: Animaker, Blender, K-3D, OpenToonZ etc.
- Do I need any prerequisite knowledge before starting the animation course?
Ans- One needs to be creative, artistic, and, most importantly, have computer knowledge. To hold a degree in animation, you should have a 10+2 certificate with an overall score of 50%.