What is Online Teaching?
Online teaching is a process of Internet-based education for students and others via digital platforms. It is distance teaching and learning. This is also called digital learning or e-learning.
This type of teaching focuses on live classes, Webinars, Video conferencing, presentations, and many others. Online learning tools connect teachers and students virtually and assist technologically in education
The online platform was developed and designed to facilitate easy and better learning and higher understanding. Online teaching is additionally a top way to make profit also. Since teaching online is easy and simple, people can attempt their hand at earning with the aid of instructing online.
Importance Of Online Education Today
With the rapid increase in technology over the last 20+ years, the way students learn, and the way teachers teach has changed. Fortunately, many online tools today can improve your ability to convey new information to students as well as teachers while providing students with a variety of input and output learning options. You may be able to teach more effectively, and your students may learn more with a variety of tools like these.
With the schools and colleges being forced to shut down due to the global spread of Covid-19, the world grew to be familiar with online education. The upward influx of the internet-based purposes has led to a remarkable shift of training and tutorial life from offline to online mode.
Online teaching in India proved to be quite a difficult task in the starting. But now teachers of both private and public institutions adopted it in no time.
Online Teaching Applications
- Google Meet
- Educreations Whiteboard
- StudyBlue Flashcards & Quizzes
- Teachmint -The Classroom App
Self – learning and active learning applications like Byju’s -The Learning App are also available for 14 days free.
Advantages of online education/classes:
- Affordability: online education is more cost affordable than offline. because it is very costly to buy uniforms, study materials, books, bus fees, etc…so this helps you to reduce these things.
- Increase students’ attendance: If the students are at the home, it is difficult for them to bunk the classes, because they are under the watching of their parents. they always keep an eye on them. gradually their attendance becomes increases.
- Variety of learning styles are available: Every student has a different way of learning style. Some students are visual learners, and some students prefer to learn through audio. So, it is a great way to create a perfect learning environment that suits each student’s needs
Disadvantages of online education/classes:
- Technological issues: The main while online education is Network issues. If we don’t have a good quality of internet and range, it is very difficult to attend the classes.
- Health issues: if an extroverted person/student faces this type of matter, it will affect them badly. even sometimes depression also happens.
- Cause of social isolation: Social isolation is a lack of social contacts and few people to interact with on a regular basis.