UI and UX design are two of the most- discussed terms in web and app design. They are incredibly interdependent. UI is for User Interface, and UX is for User Experience. Before discussing the tips, let us discuss these terms first.
User Interface (UI): The user interface is simply a graphical image or layout of an application. It involves buttons users click on, the text you read, images, sliders, text entry fields, and all the other different items with which a user interacts with. A UI designer tries to make apps and websites visually appealing and easy to navigate.
User Experience (UX): A user’s experience of the app is determined by how they interact with it. UX refers to the interaction we have with a product, including how we feel about the interaction. UX designers aim to make products that are functional, accessible, and enjoyable to use.
Let us now discuss some tips/tricks to enhance and optimize our web application:
- Thorough Research: This is the first step toward creating an appealing web application. Doing thorough research before starting to build helps to not only understand our audience but also what they want. Try to understand their basic needs and categorize them into primary and secondary. Look at your competitors and understand what changes the user wants to see in them. Ask them relevant questions. Note the important points while surveying, which will help your development.
- Keep it simple: A minimalistic design is always appealing and is one of the key trends. Try to keep your design as simple as possible by not compromising on the services that you wish to provide. Remove all components that you feel are unnecessary. Categorize your information so the user can find their intended information without a hectic search.
- Stick to design patterns: Try to check other websites on the design patterns used. Stick to the tried-and-tested ones. There are loads of designs available, which can be confusing. Relying on successful designs can help us in the long run.
- Be flexible: We should be ready to make modifications if something is not working properly. In a website, we can make changes to a single element without affecting other components.
- Optimization: Try to optimize the loading speed of your page. One of the most annoying parts for a user is waiting for a page to load, and users typically expect a fast result for the content.
6. Use bullet points: Bullet points enable users to get information quickly and effectively, rather than paragraphs. Studies show that users are more likely to read bullet points for information rather than numbering and long paragraphs.
7. Use images wisely: People on the internet are smart and can easily identify an image’s authenticity. Try to avoid stock photographs as they decrease the trust, which gives the notion of your content as non-unique.
8. Use well-designed headings: Your headings should be crisp and clear of the message you want to convey, and it should be such that users get an idea of what services you provide and whether you would be of any help to them.
9. Keep pages consistent: There should be a uniformity in the fonts, colour tones, text size, button styles, etc., on all your pages.
10. Listen to Feedback: Observe your user behaviour and work on the feedback or comments they provide. This ensures more interaction as well as repeated visits to your website.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How good can User Experience help businesses?
Ans. For any business that delivers its service or product through an app or website, UX design is as critical as sales, branding or marketing. Because good UX design directly improves the overall delivery experience.
- What does a UX UI Designer do?
Ans. A UX/UI designer creates both products and/or services and user interfaces by studying and understanding human interactions.
- What is a good user experience design?
Ans. A good user experience design is measured by the number of users that like to visit and recommend your page.