Social Media is a volatile space. Information or content becomes obsolete in a matter of a few days. We need to make sure that if we are covering a topic, we need to make changes as soon as updates come related to that news. The business brand’s awareness, loyalty, trustworthy information and communication with customers rely on staying fresh in terms of feed. Regular monitoring of other pages, their posts, current trends and interactive content can be followed to stay updated. There are a few effective ways by which we can ensure this, using popular hashtags relevant to your business, competitors’ performance, changes to the algorithm of platforms, generic trends, etc. Various monitoring tools, such as Google Analytics, and Hootsuite, can be used. Apart from staying updated, we need to ensure that we are covering topics relevant to the current scenario. We also need to make sure that the information shared is correct. Being first to cover a topic does not always ensure that the information is correct since it may have been posted without in-depth research. We need to replace old photos with new ones, try to make a presence in google searches, open new social media handles, etc.
Keeping your profile updated does not always mean remaining updated in news/posts. It also means we should update our profile, i.e., logo, location, contact information, any accolades or achievements your business has received, etc. This verified information also proves that you can be contacted in case of misunderstandings, discrepancies, copyright contents, etc. Showcasing your achievements inflicts a sense of reliability on the readers.
Following are a few benefits of being active in the social media business:
- Better Rankings: Being active on social media ensures that you are on top of the searches, thus increasing engagement with the audience.
- Brand Awareness: The more your content shows up on the feed of consumers, the more people get aware of your brand. They start following and may start to consider subscribing to your newsletters, if any.
- More Traffic: As people start engaging with you, your website/page traffic increases.
Now let’s talk about some ways of improving social media profiles:
- Using the correct size of images: The images we upload should be of an optimum size so that everything is visible.
- Same image on every handle: We need to make sure we use the same logo on every social media handle so that it’s easier to locate.
- Compact handle names: The handle names used should be compact, simple and almost similar to the business name.
- Review tags: Periodically review your tags and mentions, and un-tag yourself from posts which do not reflect your information or which are not appropriate.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Which social media platform should I use for promotion?
Ans. We can start from a single one, say Facebook, but the goal should be to gain a presence on all the popular platforms.
- How to get started with social media marketing?
Ans. The first few things you need to consider while starting on social media include a goal, a target audience, and a strategy. Then you can plan your way.
- What kind of content should I post?
Ans. This again depends upon the type of industry you are going to serve. If it is a single genre, say, History, we can focus on that single subject. Otherwise, if it is current affairs, we must focus on overall coverage.
- How can I get more followers on social media?
Ans. Growing on social Media follows involves a lot of planning and managing, posting the right content, and targeting the right audience. It is not an overnight process and takes time and effort.
- How often should I post on social media?
Ans. This largely depends on your audience. While we should publish at least one post every day, we should consider posting more often and note if there is any difference it makes.